Blogging Marathon# 47: Week 4/ Day 1
Theme: Bookmarked Recipes from A-Z International Marathon
Dishes: Sri Lankan Vegetable Curry with Coconut Rice
Some of the mega marathoners did elaborate meals for each country and initially I was tempted to do a complete meal for this week. But reality set in and I realized it would be impossible for me to cook all those dishes, so I decided on simple dishes for this week.
The Sri Lankan Vegetable curry is made with coconut milk and is flavored with Sri Lankan Curry powder. It is a very flavorful and creamy dish that tastes great with rice or even roti.
[wpurp-searchable-recipe]Sri Lankan Vegetable Curry - Spicy, flavorful and creamy Sri Lankan Vegetable Curry made with freshly prepared Spice powder. Tastes amazing when served with rice or roti. - Potato - medium, chopped into thin slices, Carrot - medium, thinly sliced, Onion - medium, thinly sliced, Cauliflower - cut into florets, Green Pepper - small, chopped, Green Chilies - slit, Ginger - finely grated, Garlic - finely minced, Paprika/ Kashmiri Red Chili powder, Ground Coriander, Sri Lankan Curry Powder, Coconut Milk, Corn Starch, Almond butter (or grind 2~3tbsp almonds into powder), Salt, Heat 2tbsp oil in a large skillet. Add onions, potatoes, cauliflower and carrots; cook for 3~5 minutes, stirring frequently.; Add the garlic, ginger, green chilies, paprika, ground coriander and the curry powder. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.; Add 1 cup of stock, tomatoes and season with salt. Cover and simmer gently for about 20~30 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.; Add the green pepper, cover and continue cooking for another 5~7 minutes.; Whisk cornstarch in coconut milk and mix well.; Add the ground almonds and corn starch mixture to the curry, stirring frequently.; Serve hot, garnished with chopped cilantro and serve with coconut rice.; [/wpurp-searchable-recipe]
Sri Lankan Vegetable Curry
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Medium Potato, chopped into thin slices
- 1 cup Cauliflower florets
- 1 Medium Carrot, thinly sliced
- 1" Ginger, finely grated
- 2~3 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 Green Chilies, slit
- 1 tsp Paprika/ Kashmiri Red Chili powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tbsp Sri Lankan Curry Powder
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock or Water
- 2 Medium Tomatoes, chopped
- To taste Salt
- 1 Small Green Pepper, chopped
- ½ cup Coconut Milk
- 1 tsp Corn Starch
- 1 tbsp Almond butter, or grind 2~3 tbsp almonds into powder
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onions, potatoes, cauliflower, and carrots; cook for 3~5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, ginger, green chilies, paprika, ground coriander and the curry powder. Mix well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup of stock, tomatoes and season with salt. Cover and simmer gently for about 20~30 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the green pepper, cover and continue cooking for another 5~7 minutes.
- Whisk cornstarch in coconut milk and mix well.
- Add the ground almonds and cornstarch mixture to the curry, stirring frequently.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped cilantro and serve with coconut rice.
Wow !! This looks absolutely scrumptious !!
I too have so many recipes bookmarked from the mega marathon. Don't know when I will get to those. Beautiful pictures and lovely dish.
Pavani the curry and rice both look so tempting. Glad you liked the recipe and tried it too. Thanks dear.
delicious clicks!!! looks so tempting..
Superbly done Pavani..you are no less when it comes to beautiful presentation and awesome clicks..I loved Vaishali's elaborate setup..and the srilankan meal was my favorite too..you have done such a wonderful job in recreating those dishes!
One can have this lipsmacking curry with anything, looks inviting..
Feeling hungry looking at the rice and curry. yummy.
Great dish.. Never tried almond butter for gravies.
wow thats a mouthwatering curry dear , I wud love to finish them with roti 🙂
Wow beautiful pictures...just looking at them makes me want some..
That is one lovely curry! Fun theme to catch up on all the drooled over dishes during the mega marathon.