Buffet on Table: Week 1 -- Combos from Countries
Day 4: Middle East -- Tabbouleh, Hummus & Pita Platter
Tabbouleh is a traditional Middle Eastern dish. There are many versions for this bulgur wheat salad. This recipe is from Vegetarian Times magazine and I'm assuming it is from Lebanon since it is more about the herbs and less about the bulgur grain itself.
- ¼ cup Bulgur Fine
- 1 Cucumber Small , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato Medium , finely chopped
- 4 Green Onions , finely chopped
- ⅓ cup Mint , finely chopped
- 1 cup Parsley , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Honey
- ½ cup Pistachios , finely chopped
- to taste Salt Pepper &
- Place bulgur in a large bowl and add ⅓cup of boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and honey and let stand for 5 more minutes or until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff bulgur with fork and stir in remaining ingredients. Serve with pita bread, hummus and falafel.