Tofu & Broccoli Salad is a hearty and delicious dish that is great to pack for lunchbox.
My husband recently has been asking me to make salad for lunch and dinner. I love salads but I wasn’t sure how it would taste when packed for lunch. A quick google search landed me on the Kitchn’s site and their yummy looking Tofu & Broccoli Salad looked like a total winner.This salad is very convenient to make because it calls for store bought broccoli slaw. I always have a bag of broccoli slaw in the fridge. It has grated broccoli, along with thinly grated purple cabbage and carrot. I always keep a bag of it in the fridge for quick meals like today’s salad and to add to stir fries and rice dishes.
My favorite part of this salad is the peanut dressing and if you already didn’t know I love peanut butter dressing. I have quite a few recipes that have that dressing like this Thai quinoa salad and this vegan Buddha bowl. I add sriracha sauce to add a little kick to the dish.Salad is topped with baked tofu. You can either buy store bought or make it yourself. This is another one of those ingredients that I always keep in the fridge, but I made my own baked tofu this time and it was absolutely delicious. I used half of it on the salad and the other half my kids ate it as is. It can be served as a snack for kids – it’s that good.This is probably one of my favorite lunchbox recipes that I made for this week. I can see myself making it often in the future.
[inlinkz_linkup id=760129 mode=1]
Tofu & Broccoli Salad
For the Peanut Butter Dressing:
- ½ cup Creamy Peanut Butter
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp Sriracha Sauce (Adjust as per spice preference, start with 1tsp if you don't like too spicy food)
- 1 tsp Toasted Sesame oil
- To taste Salt Pepper
For the Salad:
- 4 cups Broccoli slaw (shredded broccoli, carrots and purple cabbage)
- 1 Medium Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups Baked Tofu (store bought or homemade) Recipe coming up very soon
- ¼ cup Edamame (thawed if frozen)
- ¼ cup Roasted Peanuts, chopped, for garnish
- 3 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk until smooth and well combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli slaw and red pepper, toss and set this in the fridge until ready to serve. At this point veggies can be portioned into individual lunch boxes and stored in the fridge along with baked tofu and edamame.
- When ready to serve, top the slaw mixture with tofu, peanuts and cilantro. Drizzle (generously) with the peanut dressing and ENJOY!!