I wanted to try Kohlrabi after seeing this recipe. I really loved the refreshing flavor and texture of this cabbage family member. It has long green stalks that are completely edible.
- Microwave chopped kohlrabi for 5 minutes or until tender. (Pressure cooking works fine too)
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the seeds and after they pop, saute onions till translucent.
- Add tomatoes and green chilies; cover and cook till tender.
- Add boiled kohlrabi along with the greens, red chili powder, tamarind paste, jaggery, salt and 1/2 cup of water. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes or till the gravy thickens.
- Serve with steamed rice or dosa or even roti.