It’s the new year and eating healthy is probably on the top of the resolution list for many of us. Which is why I asked the BreadBakers group to come up with some ‘healthy breads’ for this month’s event. I made this Whole wheat white bean bread and I think the name says it all. ‘Healthy’ is a very subjective word and nowadays with the internet there is way too much information about everything. If you are looking for healthy food, 10 sites will give 10 different ideas for that. So it is really up to each and everyone of us to decide what we can and cannot eat.As for me, being a vegetarian I am always looking for ways to add protein to my dishes. I was looking for recipes to add some protein right into the bread, so I can be sure that my kids are eating something healthy. This recipe is from Vegan Richa’s blog. Only change I made is to add some whole wheat flour along with all purpose flour.
This bread is not a high riser, it was slightly dense but still soft from the mashed beans in it. It is great to eat toasted with some cream cheese or in a grilled cheese sandwich. I made a hummus and harissa sandwich and it was amazing.Check out the Healthy Breads that our fellow Bread Bakers have baked this month:
- Amaranth Flatbread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Beet Rye Bread from What Smells So Good?
- Blueberry Almond Bread from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Brain Booster Pancakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chocolate Banana Flax Almond Meal Muffins from Spill the Spices
- Eggless Whole Wheat Brioche Buns from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Grain-free Nutty Carrot Flatbread from A Baker’s House
- Healthier Applesauce Spice Bread from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Healthy Whole Grain Bread from The Bread She Bakes
- Honey Almond Brioche from Kidsandchic
- Honey Oatmeal Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Multigrain Pesto Swirl Bread from Herbivore Cucina
- Oatmeal Crispbread (Oatmeal Knäckebröd) from Baking Sense
- Organic Honey Whole Grain Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Quick Whole Wheat Bread from Ambrosia
- Spiced Besani Paratha from Sneha’s Recipe
- Sprouted Wheat Bread from Palatable Pastime
- Sweet Potato Bread with Honey from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Sweet Potato Millet Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Ten Grain No Knead Bread from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Whole Wheat Carrot Apple Walnut Quickbread from A Salad For All Seasons
- Whole Wheat White Bean Bread from Cooks Hideout
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected]