Beer adds a nice flavor and fragrance to this easy to make pizza crust.
We are baking flat breads with yeast for this month’s Bread Bakers. Our host for this month, Sonia Gupta (Sonilicious) wanted us to get creative and bake a single-layered or double-layered flat bread that is leavened with yeast. To be honest, there were way too many options to choose from but since pizza is always a hit with my family, I made this Quick Beer Crust Pizza.As with any baking recipe, I went to King Arthur flour for flat bread recipes. There were a ton of recipes that I really wanted to try, but I chose this beer crust pizza in the end. My husband bought a case of beer from Costco for a dinner party couple of months ago and still had a few in the fridge. So I thought this would be the best chance to use one.The best part about this beer crust pizza is that it needs only 30 minutes of rising time. If you have time, then you can allow the dough to rise for up to 2 hours. You can make thin, medium or thick crust pizza, just let the dough rise for the second time,if you want thicker crust.I don’t drink beer and so I was worried if the pizza would have a lingering alcohol taste. But I was pleasantly surprised that there was no tell-tale sign of beer. It adds a nice flavor and fragrance to the crust. I topped our pizza with pesto, zoodles (zucchini noodles, spinach and cheese). Do try this beer crust pizza recipe is you have a bottle of beer sitting in the fridge.
Don’t forget to check out what flat breads the other Bread Bakers have made for this month:
- Bacon and Leek Flamiche from Food Lust People Love
- Chole Kulche Delhi Style from The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen
- Creamy Garlic Flatbread Pizza from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Detroit-Style Pepperoni Pizza from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Foccacia Bread from Cook with Renu
- Gözleme from All That’s Left are The Crumbs
- Manakish Za’atar from Herbivore Cucina
- Methi Naan from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Naan from Ambrosia
- Nángbĭng from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Paneer Kulcha – Indian Flat Bread from Sonlicious
- Quick Beer Crust Pizza from Cook’s Hideout
- Sourdough Flatbread from Sneha’s Recipe
- Tajik Non from The Schizo Chef
- Yemeni Malooga Bread from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].