Aloo Paneer Chaat is a spicy, tangy and delicious Chaat that is easy to make and absolutely addictive. Great to serve as an appetizer of as a snack.
I have an addictive snack made with potato for day 2 of this week's blogging marathon. I wanted to try different recipes with potato and this Aloo Paneer Chaat sounded just perfect. It is easy to make and is great to serve as an appetizer or as a snack or even as a light meal.My 11 year old son loved this Aloo Paneer chaat. As I said in yesterday's post, he loves potatoes, but he also likes paneer. So this was a great combo to serve him. I might have added a tad bit too much mint chutney which made the chaat slightly spicy for this tastebuds, but he still enjoyed it.
This recipe is from Tarla Dalal's site. I loved how simple this dish was to make, simply boil potaoes. Saute paneer and potatoes until crispy - toss everything with tangy, spicy mint and tamarind chutneys and ENJOY!!
Aloo Paneer Chaat
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 Medium Potatoes, boiled and cubed
- 1 cup Paneer, diced
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic pasre
- 2~3 Green Chilies, finely minced
- 2~3 tbsp Green Chutney
- 2~3 tbsp tamarind chutney
- ½~1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- To taste salt
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, chopped
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan; add the paneer and cook till lightly browned. Remove into a bowl.
- In the same pan, add ginger~garlic paste, green chilies and cook for 1 minute. Next add the cubed potatoes, green peas and cook for 3~4 minutes. Add the potatoes to the bowl.
- Add green chuntey, tamarind chutney, chaat masala, lemon juice, salt and cilantro. Mix well. Taste and adjust the chutneys and chaat masala. Serve warm or at room temperature.