After a long week of work, weekends appear like water in oasis and before you realize its the beginning of the week again. Sometimes over the weekends, I just wish time stops or at least moves veeeeeery slow. But all good things have to come to an end.
Pictures Updated December 2012:
Anyway coming back to our bread omelet. This is my husband’s very famous dish, which he makes every once in a while as our weekend breakfast. This recipe is slightly different from regular bread omelet; since the omelet is outside instead of inside the bread.
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Bread Whole grain - slices, toasted
- 1 Onion - small chopped
- 1 Tomatoes - small, deseeded and chopped
- 1 tsp Hot sauce
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- to taste Salt pepper and
- Beat eggs with hot sauce, salt, pepper and 1tbsp of water till its well combined.
- Combine chopped onions, tomatoes and lemon juice in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan, add the egg mixture and cook for about 2 minutes or till it is golden brown. Flip the omelet to the other side.
- Place both the bread slices on the omelet and add the onion-tomato mixture (as shown in the picture)
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes. Fold and serve hot with ketchup.