Last night I made multi-grain rotis inspired from A2Z Vegetarian cuisine. I only had about ¾th cup of atta (whole-wheat flour) and had to make enough rotis for 2 people, so I added 2tbsp each of soy flour, sprouted ragi flour, buckwheat flour and besan. It made 3 rotis each, just enough to feed us both. No pictures, cos we were in a hurry to eat.
To go along with the rotis, I made this Rajma (red kidney bean curry) inspired by a recipe of Manjula Jain that I watched on You Tube. She used a few tablespoons of besan (chickpea flour) that makes the gravy nice and thick.
- 1½ cups Red Kidney beans – cooked
- 1 Onion – medium, chopped fine
- 1 cup Tomato puree
- 2 tbsps Besan (Chickpea flour)
- 2 cloves Garlic – finely minced
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp chili powder Red
- 1 tsp cumin Ground
- ½ tsp Amchoor powder (dry mango powder)
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large skillet; add cumin seeds and once they splutter add onions and garlic and sauté till softened.
- Add besan and cook until it doesn’t smell raw anymore, about 2 minutes.
- Next add tomato puree; cover and cook till the gravy starts to simmer about 3-4 minutes.
- Now add the spice powders and kidney beans. Add 1 cup (or more) water and simmer on medium-low flame until the mixture is thickens about 10-12 minutes.
- Season with salt and garam masala and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with roti or rice.
Hi!Adding besan to Rajma is very new to me and sounds great!!! I must try ur version.Nice clicks again.Do drop by whenever you have time.
Protein packed rajma masala looks fabulous!
That looks scrummy.
Wow this looks so so yumm.Now just need roties to scoop them up 🙂
A 2 Z Vegetarian Cuisine
Wow Rajma looks creamy & delicious. Hope you liked the roti. 6th day of Veganmofo, keep it going girl.
curry looks very yummy and spicy. Addition of besan is new to me.
Adding besan will give rajma a nice distinct taste.Nice twist to this masala curry.
Looks so creamy, add besan is something new, shall give it a try next time...
This looks and sounds fabulous. I love anything with mango powder...will try this one out soon. And I like your blog so much, I am adding you to my front page!Adrienne :)http://cracktheplates.com