Freshly made sambar powder is very flavorful and adds a lot of taste to the dish. It can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Here are some sambar recipes on the blog for some inspiration.
- 1 cup Coriander seeds
- 1 cup Chilies Dry Red
- 2 tbsps Black Peppercorns
- 2 tbsps Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Fenugreek seeds (methi )
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- ¼ cup Chana dal (Bengal gram dal)
- 1 tsp Poppy seeds
- ½ cup coconut Dry grated
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- bunch Curry leaves
- Dry roast all the ingredients separately on low flame until fragrant and toasted.
- Grind them all together into a fine powder. Store in an airtight container and use as needed.