My in-laws are visiting us from India and we are having a great time eating yummy snacks and food for the past 2 weeks. My MIL made these puris, they are similar to baturas but much faster to make.
For Maida Puri:
- 1 cup Maida (All purpose flour)
- ¼ cup Sooji (semolina)
- pinch Salt
For Aloo Kurma:
- 3 Potatoes – medium, chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 Onion – medium, roughly chopped
- 4 chilies Green – medium
- ½ cup Coconut milk
- ½ cup Coriander leaves
- ¼ cup Mint leaves
- 1 Ginger ”
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsps Yogurt
- to taste Salt
To make Maida Poori:
- Mix maida, sooji and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Add warm oil to the well, slowly mix in the flour. Add water as needed and make firm dough (thicker than chapathi dough). Cover and set aside for 10-15minutes.
- Roll out into 4”-5” diameter puris. Deep fry until golden and remove onto paper towels to absorb excess oil. Serve hot with any curry.
To make Aloo Kurma:
- Grind onions, chilies, ginger, garlic, coriander and mint into a smooth paste.
- Add 1tbsp oil in a pressure cooker, add the onion paste and sauté till slightly golden. Add potato, sauté for 5 minutes. Add coconut milk, yogurt, salt and 1cup water. Cover and cook for 2 whistles. Serve with puris.
We had our puris with this is a quick and easy kurma that my MIL made.
Tried this recipe?Mention @cooks_hideout or tag #cookshideout!
I bet that tasted great - perfect breakfast for a rainy day like this:)
wow,...combo looks delicious,..specially the pooris,..sofluffy,,
Wow,maida and sooji in a puri sounds so innovative Pavani.Easy and quick to make version of Bhaturas..must-try!!Great entry!!
Slurp! Great combo and comfort food for me!:)
Love the combination. That is so tempting.
yummy combination of puri and kurma .. and ur pic looks tempting 🙂
looks delicious and yummy... nice combination dear...
Looks delicious! Potato Kurma with mint and coconut milk sounds yummy! A new recipe for me.. Thanks for sharing 🙂
Oh yeah! This has been bookmarked 🙂
Such a quick and simple potato kurma! Love this, Pavani. And those maida puris just look perfectly crispy and puffy. Delicious! 🙂
Both look so simple and easy to make when you have no time. aa parents they are one great cooks.
That looks so pluffy must hv tatsed great! its been a while i made it
The pooris look fantastic and the green kurma looks really delicious and adds color to the whole meal 🙂
thanx pavani.we had a fight in the morning.i patched up with my hubby through your recipe.it really proved that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
I made this for dinner and it was so good!!! I will definitely make this again!
Nice combinations . going to do tonite.. pls visit vidhya-ravikumar.blogspot.com following you..