Blogging Marathon# 38: Week 4/ Day 2
Theme: Revisiting Recipes
Dish: Pad Thai
Today I'm revisiting one of my favorite noodle dish, Pad Thai. Recipe is from the cookbook Vegan with a Vengeance by Isa Chandra. It is a simple recipe, but it sure needs some preparations to be done. Once all the veggies are chopped and the sauce is made, dish gets done in no time.
Below recipe serves 2, if you are planning to make this for a crowd, then multiply the ingredients according. Make the sauce in bulk, but assemble the noodles only 2 servings at a time and serve immediately.
For the Sauce:
- 3 tbsps Tamari
- 3 tbsps Sugar
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce Asian (like Sriracha sauce)
- 2 tbsps Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1½ tbsps Tamarind Lime juice concentrate or
- to taste Salt
For the Pad Thai:
- 8 oz Noodles ., Pad Thai – cooked according to packages directions
- 8 oz Tofu . – drained and pressed cut into small cubes or triangles
- 1 half Red onion and – small, cut in thinly sliced
- 1 clove Garlic – minced
- ½ tbsp Lemongrass – finely minced
- 1 cup Bean sprouts
- 4 Scallions – sliced into long pieces
- 1 red chili Dry – crumbled
- ¼ cup peanuts Roasted – chopped
- 2 tbsps Cilantro – chopped
- wedges Lemon for serving
- Set the prepared noodles to the side.
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce; keep aside.
- In a large sauté pan, or a wok, heat 1 tbsp peanut oil and quickly add tofu. Stir fry for 5-6 minutes until tofu is crisp on the outside. Remove and keep aside.
- Pour 1 tbsp more peanut oil to the pan, add onions and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Then add garlic, lemon grass and stir-fry for 30 more seconds.
- Now add the sauce and once the sauce starts to bubble, add the noodles and mix well.
- Then add tofu, scallions, chili and peanuts. Stir for 30 seconds. Transfer to two serving plates and garnish with coriander and lemon wedges.