Colorful and flavorful Thai Quinoa Salad with peanut dressing. It is packed with protein from quinoa, edamame and peanuts.
My theme for this week’s blogging marathon is ‘Cooking for One‘. I mostly cook for 1 because I cook during the day when the kids are in school and my husband is usually traveling for business. When I saw the theme, I thought it was just perfect for me. So for the first day I have a flavorful and delicious Thai style Quinoa Salad with peanut dressing.If I am not cooking for blogging marathon, that is if I am not cooking with a theme, then my lunch would definitely be some kind of a salad or a one-pot dish that require minimum ingredients and effort to make. I think of making the dish wholesome by balancing the carbs, protein, veggies and fat.
Thai Vegan Salad:
Today’s Thai Quinoa salad is very colorful and flavorful. Recipe is adapted from Get Healthy U website. Cooking quinoa and chopping the veggies are the most time consuming parts of this recipe.
Peanut Butter Dressing:
The peanut butter dressing is just amazing — creamy, sweet, sour, salty and spicy. Making the dressing spicy is completely optional, but I like some Sriracha in my dressing for some kick.Protein in this salad comes from edamame and partly from quinoa. Roasted peanuts can also be added for additional protein power and crunch. I didn’t notice that my peanuts got submerged under the other ingredients until later. All in all this is a filling and delicious salad that is sure to tickle your taste buds.
Here’s another Thai style Salad that I am sure you will like – Pad Thai Noodle Salad. Another vegan recipe that is just as colorful and equally delicious.
Thai Quinoa Salad
For the Salad
- ½ cup Cooked Quinoa I used a combination of white and red
- 3 tbsp Grated Carrot
- 2 tbsp Red Pepper, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Cucumber, finely chopped
- ½ cup Edamame (thawed if frozen)
- 2 Scallions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup Red Cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Roasted Peanuts, chopped (optional)
- To taste salt
Thai Peanut Dressing:
- 1 tbsp Creamy Natural Peanut butter
- 2 tsp Low sodium Soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- ½~1 tsp Sriracha sauce (optional)
- 1 Garlic clove, finely minced
- ½ tsp Grated Ginger
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Agave Nectar (or honey)
Make Thai Peanut dressing:
- Combine all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
To make the Salad:
- Combine quinoa with the veggies in a mixing bowl. Add the dressing and mix well to combine.
- Sprinkle the roasted peanuts on top and serve!!