I’m back to blogging for 3 days in a row this time with Blogging Marathon # 17 (BM#17). Slight change in the format, but same idea of cooking with a theme for consecutive days instead of a week. I’m joining the marathon for 2 weeks this time and my first theme is “Cooking with Ready made Stuff”.
For the first dayof BM# 17, I made Rava Idlis using MTR brand “Instant Rawa idli mix”. These are super simple to make, all you need is some yogurt and chopped cilantro. I used greek yogurt mixed with water. The mix has all the seasonings, cashews, tempering ingredients and the final product was excellent, given the minimum amount of work put into it.
Rava Idlis using Instant Rava Idli Mix
- 1 Rawa MTR Idli mix - pkt (3cups)
- 4.5 cups Yogurt (I used 3 cups of greek yogurt mixed with 1.5cups of water)
- 3 tbsps Cilantro - finely chopped
- Mix the idli mix with 1.5 cups of yogurt. Sprinkle in the cilantro and mix well. Set aside for 1 minute.
- Add the rest of the yogurt and mix well. Make sure that there are no lumps. Set aside for 2 minutes.
- Steam the idlis in your idli steamer or pressure cooker without whistle for 10-12 minutes.
- Serve hot with the chutney of your choice.