I took an easy route and made Soy chunks-matar masala recipe printed right on the box, with the only exception that I added potato to it. If you don’t buy nutrela brand soy chunks, here’s the recipe for you.
- 1 cup Soy chunks (boiled as per package directions)
- 1 Potato – large chopped
- ½ cup Peas (I used frozen, thawed peas)
- 1 Onion – medium chopped
- 2 Tomatoes – medium chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger+garlic paste
- 1 tsp chili powder Red
- ½ tsp Garam masala
- to taste Salt
- Fry the onions in 1 tsp of oil till lightly browned. Remove from heat, when cooled, grind into a paste.
- Fry the boiled chunks in 2tsp of oil, till slightly browned on all sides.
- Heat 1tbsp of oil in a pan, add ginger+garlic paste, onion paste and fry for 2 minutes. Add chopped potatoes and ¼ cup of water, cover and cook for 5 minutes or till the potatoes are just tender.
- Add tomatoes and cook covered for 5 more minutes.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala, peas, soy chunks and season with salt. Add some water if you want more gravy. Cook for another 5 minutes, garnish with coriander and serve with rice or chapathis.