Brussels Sprouts have become my latest favorite and I have been buying them almost weekly these days. Brussels sprouts look like mini cabbage and they have been popular in Brussels, Belgium, and have originated and gained their name there. They are excellent source of Vitamin C and Vitamin K.
This salad is hearty, filling and delicious. Roasted Brussels Sprouts add nice crunch and flavor to the salad. Good thing about this dish is it can be made within 30 minutes. Brussels sprouts bake while the millet cooks and the meal will be ready in no time.
Warm Millet Salad with Brussels Sprouts
- ¾ cup Millet
- 2/3 cup Walnuts , toasted and chopped
- 2/3 cup Cranberries Dried
- 3 tbsps Parsley , chopped
- 2 tbsps Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- ½ tsp Lemon zest , grated
- Preheat oven to 475°F. Toss Brussels sprouts with 2tbsp oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20~24 minutes, or until brown and tender, stirring once in the middle. Cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, toast the millets on medium heat for 3~4 minutes or until golden.
- Add 2cups of water, bring to a boil reduce heat, cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until all the water is absorbed and millet is tender. Transfer to a large bowl and cool for 5 minutes.
- Stir in Brussels sprouts, walnuts, cranberries and parsley into millet.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 3tbsp oil, vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice and lemon zest in a bowl. Stir into millet mixture and season with salt and pepper. Serve warm!!