VEGAN MOFO: Day 3
This dish is a combination of two of my favorite desi bread recipes: Sweet potato roti & whole wheat naan. I used soy milk instead of yogurt to make the naans nice and soft. Sweet potato gives the naans a nice orange color and boosts the nutrition too.
- 3 cups Atta (whole wheat flour)
- ½ cup All purpose flour (optional)
- 1 Sweet potato – medium, chopped
- ½ cup Soy milk
- 1¾ tsps Yeast (= 7oz. sachet)
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 2 tbsps Butter Vegan (for brushing) – melted (optional)
- Boil, steam or microwave sweet potato until cooked through. Mash into smooth paste adding the soy milk.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients and knead into soft dough using warm water as needed. Cover with plastic wrap and rest for at least 2 hours. Dough almost doubles in size.
- After 2 hours, knead the dough lightly and make large lemon size balls.
- Preheat a griddle/ skillet. Take one ball at a time and roll into either an oval or circle shaped discs. Sprinkle water on one side of the disc and place it wet side down on the hot griddle. Cook until bubbles form on the other side of the naan. Flip and cook on the other side until blisters are formed.
- Brush the butter on both sides (generously) before serving.
- Serve hot with a gravy curry of your choice.
Tried this recipe?Mention @cooks_hideout or tag #cookshideout!
Oh how awesome is this! The colour of that bread is amazing and I just checked out the links for Saag-Aloo-Paneer & Paneer in Creamy Cashew sauce and I'm so glad I did!:)
Love sweet potatoes in rotis, delicious looking paratha..
Monique a.k.a. Mo
I cannot begin to describe how amazing this looks!
The naan looks amazing and sweet potato to boot! Thanks for sharing.
I really need to try this! Naan and sweet potatoes are two of my favorite things!
Sweet Potatoes & Naan are two of MY favorite things, too! Thanks so much for this recipe. Can't wait to try it!
The naan should be bursting of flavor!Happy Diwali to you and your family Pavani!
That looks sooo tempting Pavani!!Wishing you and your family a very happy Diwali 🙂
Happy Diwali to you and family. Have fun today! 🙂
Your naan looks so amazing.
Wow, impressive. And I love orange food!
thank you for this! looks so good.
A very happy Diwali to you, Pavani. Your pictures wouldn't download on my computer, for some reason, but the sweet potato naan sounds like a great idea.
I made these tonight - delicious!
Just finished mashing a purple sweet potato, I loved how easy this recipe was and wanted something fun to use up my tasty baked ube. I can't wait to see how these turn out. Thanks for the great recipe!