100% Whole wheat bread that is moist, tender and studded with Walnuts. Great as toast and for sandwiches.
I am sure all of you are in the middle of holiday baking frenzy this month. Our host for Bread Bakers, Kalyani (from Sizzling Tastebuds), asked us to bake a wholegrain holiday bread. I think my brain didn’t process the holiday part of the theme, so I ended up making this 100% Whole wheat Bread. It’s an everyday bread, but I am sure it’s great to make for holidays too.I thought I baked most of the bread recipes from King Arthur flour site, but I was wrong. I just realized that there a ton of recipes that I haven’t even seen. This 100% Whole wheat bread was a total surprise. It is so easy to make and I’m not sure why I haven’t tried this till now.This bread is probably the BEST whole wheat bread I have baked so far. It rises beautifully and has an amazing crumb. It is slightly sweet and tastes amazing. The bread is great as a toast or in a sandwich. I even made French toast for the kids with this bread.
Don’t forget to check out the other ‘Wholegrain Holiday Breads’ that our Bread Bakers have baked up for this month:
- 100% Whole Wheat Bread from Cook’s Hideout
- Eggless Whole Wheat Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls from Spill the Spices
- Gingerbread and Oatmeal Bread from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Kamut Cloverleaf Rolls from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Key-Shaped Challah with Finger Millet from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Khameeri Puri from Sneha’s Recipe
- Oats Whole Wheat Bread from The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen
- Santa Lucia Buns from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Slovak Pasca from Ambrosia
- Spelt Banana Bread from Food Lust People Love
- Whole Wheat Grissini from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Whole Wheat Stollen from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Wholewheat Garlic Flavoured Monkey Bread from Sizzling Tastebuds
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].