This pickle is very quick and easy to prepare. Great way to use up those last berries lying in the fridge.
Cranberries - 1 cup
Red chili powder - 3 tbsp (preferably use pickle grade chili powder)
Mustard powder - 2 tbsp
Salt - 3 tbsp (or as per taste/ but be aware that salt acts as a preservative, so if enough salt is not added, pickle might spoil quickly)Gingelly oil - 1/4 cup
Gingelly oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Rinse the berries couple times under running water. Drain and dry them thoroughly.
- Cut large berries in half or use whole berries if small.
- In a clean bowl, mix chili powder, salt and mustard powder. Add the berries and oil. Mix well.
- For the tadka, heat oil, add mustard seeds and hing and when the seeds sputter add to the pickle.
- Let the pickle sit overnight so that the cranberries have a chance to soak up all the flavors.