These Sourdough popovers are easy to make and need only 5 ingredients. Toss them with cinnamon sugar and breakfast is set.
I am back to blogging after more than 2 months and I have an easy breakfast bread for #BreadBakers. Our host for the month Felice Geoghegan wants us to bake either a sweet or savory breakfast breads. So, I made these airy and delicious Sourdough Popovers tossed with cinnamon sugar for a delicious breakfast.We just got back from India after a good long vacation and after resting for couple of days, I am back to blogging now. I looked up for recipes on King Arthur and found this Sourdough Popovers recipe. It was time to feed my starter anyway and this recipe is just perfect because you can use either ripe or unfed starter.I used unfed starter straight from the fridge and it worked out great. These sourdough popovers are crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. With just 5 main ingredients, these popovers are very easy to make and take just 30 minutes to put together. Sourdough starter gives them just the slightest tang.I rolled the warm popovers in cinnamon-sugar mixture for a nice sweet touch. But you can add savory ingredients like cheese and spices right into the batter. Try these and I am sure you will will them as much as we did.
Check out the other amazing breakfast breads Bread Bakers have baked this month:
- Blueberry Buttermilk Scones by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Breakfast Monkey Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Butter Enriched Milk Bread by Ambrosia
- Carrot Paneer Parathas by Sneha’s Recipe
- Easy Sourdough Popovers by Cook’s Hideout
- Jalapeño and Cheddar Bagels by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Low Carb Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits by Palatable Pastime
- Multigrain Aloo Methi Paratha by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Paczki with Lemon Cream Filling by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Ponco – Bacon-fried Batter by Food Lust People Love
- Spice Island Breakfast Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Vegetable and Tofu Steamed Bao by Herbivore Cucina
- Yogurt Honey Wholemeal Loaf by Cook with Renu
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. You can see all our of lovely bread by following our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated after each event on the #BreadBakers home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected].