These dosas are fluffy, slightly tangy and extremely easy to make. I had this recipe for a while now (courtesy of our neighbor in India) and when I saw Asha’s Avalakkai dosa, I had to give it a try.
Challa Ponganalu (Poha Dosa)
- 1 cup Rice
- ¾ cup Poha (Atukulu)
- Buttermilk - for grinding
- to taste Salt
- Soak rice overnight. Soak poha for ½ hour.
- Grind rice and poha with buttermilk and salt to make a thin batter similar to dosa batter consistency.Cover and allow to ferment overnight or for atleast 8-10 hours.
- Make dosas on a non-stick skillet with little oil.
- Serve them hot with chutney or podi of your choice.