Cheesy pizza flavored sandwich is extremely easy to make and absolutely delicious. Great to serve as an appetizer, quick lunch or a snack.
We are starting a new week of blogging marathon today and my theme for this week is ‘Stuffed dishes’. For the first day I made a yummy pizza flavored cheese stuffed sandwich. My son was soooo excited about this dish - it checks off all of his favorite food groups 🙂
Chili Cheese Sandwich:
Inspiration for this recipe cake from a popular Indian street food - chili cheese sandwich. It is usually made with bread slices either close or open faced. So in my version, I used a hoagie/ sandwich roll instead to get more surface area to stuff the cheese 🙂
Cheese Pizza Stuffed Sandwich:
True to its name, this sandwich is stuffed with cheese pizza flavors. To make it cheesy, I used 2 kinds of cheeses - processed cheese, I used Amul brand and grated mozzarella cheese.
First the processed cheese is melted in the microwave in short bursts to create a smooth and lovely cheese sauce.
I added finely chopped peppers, corn and broccoli, but any of your favorite veggies like grated carrot, cabbage etc would also be great. My cheese and pizza loving son loved this sandwich. So, tried and tested, this is a kid friendly dish - that even grown ups would love.
Here are some more cheese stuffed sandwich recipes from the blog:
Cheese Pizza Stuffed Sandwich
For the Cheese Sauce:
- 1 cup Processed Cheese, grated (I used Amul cheese)
- 2 tbsp Warm milk
- 2 tbsp Green Pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Red Pepper, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning (optional, but delicious)
- Pinch of Crushed red pepper flakes
- Pinch of Salt (cheese already has salt, so go easy with it)
For the Sandwich:
- 2 Hoagie/ Sandwich Rolls
- 3 tbsp Marinara sauce
- As needed Veggies, finely chopped (broccoli, corn, tomato)
- 3 tbsp Mozzarella cheese (optional)
- 1 tbsp Butter or Extra virgin olive oil
Make Cheese Sauce:
- Combine grated cheese with warm milk, mix well and microwave in short bursts until sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Stir in all of the other ingredients for the sauce and mix well.
- Spread pasta/ marinara sauce on one side of the sandwich roll. Spread a generous layer of cheese sauce on the other side and top with the veggies. Sprinkle grated cheese on top of the veggies. Close the roll.
- Heat butter/ olive oil in a pan; place the sandwich in the pan and cook covered on medium flame. Cook till the cheese is ooey, gooey and melted. Gently flip and cook on the other side until lightly toasted. Serve hot and repeat with the other sandwich.
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 100.
Cheese oozing sandwich looks good and even adults can't resist. Love everything that is stuffed into the sandwich; from melting cheese, to the veggies.
My son loves everything cheese stuffed, this sandwich would definitely be a favorite with him. Nice to see your post, it’s been a while since we had a common week in BM 🙂
That is such a tempting dish Pavani! The cheese with the veggies make such a wholesome meal. Lovely pick for stuffed dishes!
The cheesy sandwich with the marinara sauce base and pizza flavors is sure to please kids.
Wow! the cheese oozing sandwich will undoubtedly win the hearts of the kids. Very interesting.
my elder one is into sandwiches these days that she assembles by herself. will share your recipe with her.. and would love to dig into that cheesy delight now !
Wow! This looks fantastic Pavani. The pizza flavour in the cheese would make this an awesome treat. Yum..
I would love to dig into that sandwich Pavani, so sinful!
Anything cheesy is surely hit with kids. I love to grab these sandwich now.. so tempting.
My daughter would be your son's best buddy when it comes to cheese, pizza and sandwiches. 🙂 This pizza sandwich idea is cool.
Delicious! Bring on all the stuffed dishes! This recipe is such a great comfort dish for the family to enjoy.
I've made it a few times already. My boys love it! 🙂
Love this cheese pizza stuffed sandwich simple yet flavorful breakfast kids will love it. I am going to try it.
This does look like my favorite sandwich to make for brunch. Although there are a few slight differences. I've got to try this recipe now! 🙂
This is e a great lunch when you want to indulge in some super cheesy comfort food. A delicious and filling sandwich.