Potato Curry leaf Curry (Aloo Karivepaku Podi Kura)
Potato Curry leaf Curry
For the Curry Leaf powder:
- Make the Curry leaf spice powder: Dry roast chana dal, urad dal, coriander seeds, cumin seeds and dry red chilies until the seeds turn golden and smell fragrant, about 2~3 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- In the same pan, add curry leaves and fry until the leaves turn crispy, about 3~4 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool.
- Once the spices are cooled, then grind into a powder along with tamarind and garlic cloves.
- Make the Curry: Heat 2tbsp oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and cumin seeds; once the seeds start to splutter, add the curry leaves, potatoes and salt. Mix well, cover and cook for 3~4 minutes or until potatoes are lightly crispy around the edges.
- Finally add 1~2 tbsp curry leaf powder, mix well and cook for another 2~3 minutes. Serve with rotis or rice and sambar for a delicious meal.