This curry sauce is made with generous quantity of coconut cream. But I subbed it with regular coconut milk and the sauce was still creamy and delicious. It tasted great with roti canai and even with some plain rice. I also added some green peas to add some protein to the dish.
Recipe adapted from here:
Malaysian Curry Sauce
- 2 Potatoes Medium , peeled and diced
- 1 Onion Small , chopped
- ½ cup Green Peas
- 2 cloves Garlic , miced
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon " piece
- 1 cup Coconut milk
- 1 tsp Chili powder Red (adjust as per taste)
- 1 tsp Curry powder (I used SB curry powder)
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- to taste Salt
- Heat 1tbsp oil in a pan, add onion and cook till translucent.
- Add cinnamon stick, star anise, curry powder and chili powder. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes and cook for 2~3 minutes. Stir in the stock and cook till potatoes are tender. Stir in the coconut milk and green peas; simmer for 3~4 minutes. Serve hot with roti canai.