Crispy and delicious Eggless Chocolate Drop Cookies – they are easy to make and perfect to dunk in milk. Add your choice of chocolate chips or nuts.
Choctoberfest continues and today I have a chocolate drop cookies recipe that is easy to make and will make your kids very happy. My daughter asked me to buy cookies and I said I would bake them at home for her. This was almost a month ago and she’s been asking me about her cookies, so finally got to make these for the kids.
What are Chocolate Drop Cookies?
Beat softened butter with all the ingredients until a smooth dough forms. Then the dough is literally dropped on a baking sheet, hence the name ‘drop cookies’. This recipe is very quick easy to make, if you have softened butter on hand.
Eggless Chocolate Cookie Recipe:
This recipe is based on the recipe from King Arthur flour site. I made the original recipe eggfree by using egg replacer powder instead of the egg. Flaxseed meal would also be a great egg substitute in this recipe.
This is my post for our very generous Gold sponsor, Imperial Sugar. They are one of the oldest continuously operating companies in the State of Texas. For 175 years, Imperial Sugar has been a trusted name in family kitchens all across the south. Sweet things happen when people come together in the kitchen, and that’s why Imperial Sugar has been at the heart of family traditions and celebrations for generations.
How to customize Chocolate Drop Cookies:
Add chocolate chips of choice – semi sweet, bittersweet or anything at all. I stirred in white chocolate chips. But butterscotch or dark chocolate chips would be excellent in this recipe. If you prefer nuts or dried fruit – then go ahead and use them instead. Or if you like them plain, then just leave them altogether.
These cookies are great any way you bake them. These eggless Chocolate Drop Cookies are the best chocolaty treat for the kids.
Few More Chocolate Cookies to add to your repertoire:
This is a sponsored post. I received Sugar from Imperial Sugar. All opinions in the post are entirely mine.
Chocolate Drop Cookies
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter, softened
- ½ cup Granulated Sugar (I used Imperial Sugar)
- 1/3 cup Light Brown Sugar (I used Imperial Sugar)
- 1/3 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Egg replacer powder whisked in 3tbsp Water (or 1 large Egg)
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup+2tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp Espresso powder
- 1¼ cups Chocolate chips or nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or lightly grease them.
- Combine butter, sugars, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, baking soda and vanilla extract - mix until combined.
- Add the egg replacer milk and mix until well combined. Scrape the sides and mix again. If you going to add chocolate chips or nuts or any additions - add the milk, if not - skip the milk.
- Stir in the all purpose flour and espresso powder. Mix well.
- Finally stir in the add-ins, I added white chocolate chips.
- Drop 1 tablespoons of the dough on the prepared baking sheet about 2" apart. Bake for 12~14 minutes or the cookies are not shiny and look set. Remove from the oven and cool on the pan.