Blogging Marathon# 62: Week 4/ Day 1
Theme: No Tomato Gravies
Dish: Hara Butter Masala
This recipe is from a Telugu cooking show and it looked too good to pass on. It is very easy to make once you have hara/ green masala prepped. Switch paneer with other protein like tofu, chickpeas or beans and skip the cream and use vegan butter for a vegan version of the curry.
Make it for your next party and surprise your guests with this yummy alternate to the paneer butter masala. Serve with roti, naan or rice for a light and delicious meal any time of the day.
Hara Butter Masala
For the Hara Masala:
- 8 ~ 10 Cashews
- 2 Chilies Green
- 1 Onion Small
- 1 Pepper Medium
- ½ cup Cilantro , coarsely chopped
For the Curry:
- 2 tbsps Butter
- 2 ~ 3 cloves Garlic , finely minced
- 1 tsp Methi Kasoori
- 1 cup Paneer , chopped
- 1 ~ 2 tbsps Heavy Cream
- To taste Salt
- Make the Masala: Heat 1tsp oil, add cashews, green chilies, onion, green pepper and saute till the cashews are golden and the peppers are tender. Cool the mixture slightly and grind to a paste along with cilantro.
- To make the Curry: Melt butter in a pan, add chopped garlic, kasoori methi and the ground paste. Cook till the oil starts to leave the sides.
- Add the chopped paneer and simmer on low heat for 3~4 minutes.
- Season with salt and stir in the cream. Cook till heated through. Serve hot with naan or roti.