To end this month’s BM# 22, I made this amazingly simple Microwave Peda that I bookmarked from Monsoon Spice. Recipe needs only 3 main ingredients, condensed milk, milk powder and ghee. This is so easy that I see myself making this very often.
Microwave Doodh Peda
- 14 oz . Cans Condensed milk
- 1¾ cups Milk powder (non-fat milk powder will work)
- 2 tbsp Ghee/ Butter
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl until melted, about 20-30 seconds.
- Add the condensed milk and milk powder to the melted butter. Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Microwave this mixture for 1 minute, remove and stir well.
- Microwave again for another minute. Remove and stir well. The mixture will slowly start to come together at this point.
- Microwave for another minute, remove from the microwave and stir well.
- Cool the mixture until it is easy to handle; roll the mixture into lemon size balls. Enjoy!!
- This is just the basic recipe and can be jazzed up a million different ways: add nuts, saffron or even chocolate for tasty variations.
- Fat free condensed milk will also work.