This is a quick and easy recipe from my mother-in-law. As the name suggests (Pachi=raw; pulusu=soup), there is very little cooking involved in this dish. It tastes awesome with vuthi pappu (plain dal).
- 2 tbsp Tamarind paste
- 1 Onion - medium, chopped fine
- 4 chilies Green - chopped fine
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tsp Sugar
- to taste Salt
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 6 Curry leaves
- Dry roast sesame seeds and grind into powder.
- Add water to tamarind paste and bring to a consistency of your liking. Add chopped onions, green chilies, sugar, salt and sesame seeds powder. Mix well (you might want to use your hand to get uniform consistency).
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add the seeds and curry leaves. Add this to the pulusu and serve with rice and dal.