I have signed up for this month’s Taste & Create event after a long time and I’m paired with Min @ The Bad Girl’s Kitchen. There are a ton of dessert recipes that I looked awesome and I really wanted to try them from her blog, but it’s just me and my 5 year old at home this week, so didn’t feel like making a whole batch of anything.
When I saw this penne pasta with chipotle cream sauce recipe, I knew I had to make it. It sounded delicious and I had all the ingredients at home. I made very few minor changes like using rotelle pasta instead of penne and I used frozen wild mushrooms instead of fresh. I reduced the amount of chipotle sauce since I’m not a big fan of smoky stuff.
Pasta with Mushrooms and Chipotle Cream Sauce
- 8 oz Pasta . (I used Wholewheat Rotini)
- 1 Red onion - small
- 8 oz Mushrooms . - chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic - finely chopped
- 2 tsp Chipotle peppers
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Milk
- to taste Salt Pepper &
- 2 tbsps Parsley - for garnish
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In the meantime, heat 1tbsp butter in a saute pan; add onions and garlic, cook until onions turn translucent, about 5-6 minutes.
- Next add the mushrooms and cook until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Lower the heat and add cream and milk. Next add chipotle sauce and cook until the sauce thickens, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add pasta to the cream sauce, cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.