Blogging Marathon# 64: Week 1/ Day 2
Theme: Detox Diet
Dish: Detox Salad with Beets & Arugula Salad
It took me about 1 week to clean up the fridge and pantry of the mega marathon leftovers and then another week the body for the cleanse. It is best to go easy on coffee, dairy and gluten about a week before you start the actual detox diet. Alcohol and cigarettes are a big no-no a week before and during the cleanse.
I was expecting to starve during this detox, but the serving sizes are pretty filling and the fiber in the veggies keep you full for a long time. I didn’t feel hungry for at least 3~4 hours after my lunch. This is also a great salad to serve any time — it’s colorful and very delicious. My beet-phobic husband thought he likes raw grated beets better than cooked ones. So I think I have a convert there. All in all this was a delicious salad that I really enjoyed during the cleanse.
Detox Salad with Beets, Avocado & Arugula
- 2 Beets Medium , peeled and grated
- 1 English Cucumber , thinly sliced
- 4 Celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 Scallion , thinly sliced
- 3 cups Arugula Baby
- 1½ Avocado , pitted, peeled and chopped
- 6 tbsps Extra virgin Olive oil
- 6 tbsps Lemon juice
- 3 tbsps Pumpkin seeds
- To taste Salt Pepper &
- Make the Beet Slaw: Combine the grated beets, cucumber, celery and green onions.
- To make the salad: For each serving, toss 2cups of beet slaw along with 1cup of arugula, 1tbsp pumpkin seeds, 2tbsp each of olive oil and lemon juice. Top with the chopped avocado and serve right away.