Blogging Marathon# 64: Week 1/ Day 2
Theme: Detox Diet
Dish: Detox Salad with Beets & Arugula Salad
It took me about 1 week to clean up the fridge and pantry of the mega marathon leftovers and then another week the body for the cleanse. It is best to go easy on coffee, dairy and gluten about a week before you start the actual detox diet. Alcohol and cigarettes are a big no-no a week before and during the cleanse.
I was expecting to starve during this detox, but the serving sizes are pretty filling and the fiber in the veggies keep you full for a long time. I didn't feel hungry for at least 3~4 hours after my lunch. This is also a great salad to serve any time -- it's colorful and very delicious. My beet-phobic husband thought he likes raw grated beets better than cooked ones. So I think I have a convert there. All in all this was a delicious salad that I really enjoyed during the cleanse.
Detox Salad with Beets, Avocado & Arugula
- 2 Medium Beets, peeled and grated
- 1 English Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 Celery sticks, thinly sliced
- 2 Scallion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups Baby Arugula
- 1½ Avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons Extra virgin Olive oil
- 6 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Pumpkin seeds
- To taste Salt & Pepper
- Make the Beet Slaw: Combine the grated beets, cucumber, celery and green onions.
- To make the salad: For each serving, toss 2cups of beet slaw along with 1cup of arugula, 1tbsp pumpkin seeds, 2tbsp each of olive oil and lemon juice. Top with the chopped avocado and serve right away.
Beetroot is delicious , but all dont like it . I love all the ingredients going in there , they will make the salad awesome . A suoer one !
Gayathri's Cook Spot
Oh my. The salad looks so good. But I don't know whether I will survive on salads and smoothies for three days..
I agree this salad would be great anytime. Love all the ingredients.
Wow, thats an excellent detox salad, i can have it happily without any fuss.
That's really so inspiring that you are doing the diet itself...and that salad looks amazing..
Salad looks interesting... Never tasted argula and avocado as these are not available here.. Healthy and must be tasty
The salad looks so colorful and refreshing!
What an excellent salad. looks very refreshing!
Salads are something I can survive on. So this one definitely gets made at my place and soon.
This salad looks interesting and healthy.Lovely pics.
Super salad there. I have not tried arugula yet but the rest of it sounds yumm.
Very pretty and colourful salad!