Blogging Marathon# 55: Week 2/ Day 1
Theme: Nutella Galore
Dish: Banana Nutella Muffin
For the first day, I made a moist & delicious banana muffins with nutella swirls. I can’t stop myself from bananas even though I know very well that by day 4, they will start to smell very ‘banana-ey’ and no body in the house would really want to eat them. I try and find some interesting ways to use the overripe bananas and these muffins with Nutella swirls sounded just perfect.
I replaced the all purpose flour in the original recipe with wholewheat pastry flour and used egg replacer powder instead of the egg. I reduced the sugar quantity in the recipe and found the muffins just right for my taste. If you want sweeter muffins increase the total sugar to 1 cup.
Muffins turned out moist & delicious. Not just my kids, even my mom said she liked these muffins. The Nutella swirls on the top bake into a beautiful pattern and tastes delicious too.
Recipe adapted from here:
Banana Nutella Swirl Muffins
- 2 cups Wholewheat Pastry Flour (or substitute with all purpose flour)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 ~ 4 Bananas Medium Over ripe , mashed
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tbsps brown Sugar Light (optional)
- 1 tbsp Egg water Replacer powder whisked in 3tbsp (or use 1 large egg)
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- ½ cup Pecans Walnuts or
- ½ cup Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease them.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until well combined. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the mashed banana, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the egg mixture (or egg), oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the nuts.
- Fill the muffin tins ¾ full. Top each muffin with 1~2tsp Nutella and use a toothpick to swirl it into the batter.
- Bake muffins for 15~17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.