Vegan Mofo Day 21:
Weekend whizzed by very fast as usual, nothing much was accomplished, though there are too many tasks on the list. Didn’t touch the stove until Sunday evening due to laziness, little bit of shopping and party at friends place. So finally when I started to cook, I had half a bag of baby spinach, half a bunch of bok-choy and a 3 huge bunches of scallions. So all of them went into this easy, tasty stir fry. I fried some home made vadiyalu/ wada (fritters, for lack of good English translation). My mom makes sure that I’m well stocked with these at all times.
- 3 - 4 cups Spinach Baby - chopped (half a 16 oz. bag)
- 2 cups Bok Choy - chopped
- 2 - 3 bunches Green onions - chopped
- 1 Carrot - small, cubed
- 3 chilies Green - slit
- 6 Curry leaves
- 3 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 tsp seeds Shahjeera
- ½ tsp Masala Kitchen King
- to taste Salt
- Heat 2tsp oil in a sauté pan; add shahjeera seeds aonce they start to sputter, add garlic, onions, green chilies and carrots. Sauté for 4-5 minutes or until the onions are slightly wilted.
- Next add the chopped greens mix well; cover and cook till they are cooked, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add salt and masala; cook for another couple of minutes uncovered.
- Serve with rice or roti.