BM# 71: Week 4/ Day 1
Theme: Christmas Meal
Dish: Christmas Breakfast — Vegan Eggnog Pancakes
We are starting the final week of Blogging Marathon for this year. My theme for this week is ‘Christmas Meal’. For the first day I have these fluffy Vegan Eggnog Pancakes that are perfect to make for Christmas breakfast. Eggnog is a traditional beverage that is taken during the Christmas season. Eggnog flavored everything from cookies to ice cream are available in the store. Alcohol is usually added but it can be made without it too.I used my Almond milk Eggnog to make these pancakes. You can use store bought vegan Eggnog to save time. If you want to use homemade eggnog, then make the eggnog the night before, so all you have to do in the morning is to mix the batter and make the pancakes.These Vegan eggnog pancakes turned out fluffy and delicious. The spices in the eggnog really make these special for Christmas morning. Serve them with some vegan butter and maple syrup for a yummy breakfast.
Vegan Eggnog Pancakes
- 1½ cups Whole wheat Pastry Flour (or use all purpose flour)
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1½ cups Vegan Eggnog (homemade* or store-bought)
- 1 tbsp Egg replacer powder (whisked in 3tbsp water) Can be subbed with a chia or flax egg
- Combine all the ingredients for the pancake in a mixing bowl. Mix until the ingredients are just combined. Set aside for at least 5~10 minutes.
- Heat a griddle on medium flame. Grease lightly with a cooking spray, pour about a quarter cup of the batter and cook till bubbles start to surface, about 1~2 minutes. Gently flip and cook on the other side for another 1~2 minutes.
- Serve immediately or keep the pancakes warm in a warm oven. Serve with maple syrup and pomegranate seeds.