For this month’s #BreadBakers challenge, our host for the month Mireille picked ‘Yeasted Flatbread‘ as the theme. I had this Khobez or Arabic flatbread bookmarked from ‘The New Middle Eastern Vegetarian‘ cookbook by Sally Butcher.
Za’atar is not traditionally added to the dough, but it definitely adds a lot of flavor and texture. I included the recipe for Zaatar at the end.
These flatbreads are made in the oven and they puff them just like pita breads. I made a few in the oven and a few on the stovetop. They are soft and fluffy and are great for sandwich wraps. Here are some ideas for sandwich wrap fillings: Hummus, falafel, lettuce, roasted veggies, guacamole etc. I made a roasted veggie and Gardein chick’n wrap with halloumi cheese.
Recipe from here.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Mix well and store in an airtight container. Use as needed.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page. We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient. If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to [email protected]#BreadBakers – Yeasty Flatbreads
- Chickpea Moroccan Bread by Food Lust People Love
- Emirati Khameer by The Schizo Chef
- Focaccia by Simply Veggies
- Garlic Naan by Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Grilled Bacon Onion Cheese Flatbread (Flammkuchen) by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Naan by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Homemade Naan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hönökaka – Swedish Flatbread by Passion Kneaded
- Kesra – Moroccan Flatbread by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Man’oushe – Lebanese Flatbread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Margherita-Style Grilled Flatbread by Cali’s Cuisine
- Orange Herb Pitas by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Paneer Kulcha by I Camp in my Kitchen
- Roghni Roti by Sneha’s Recipe
- Sausage Gravy Pizza with Peppers and Onions by Pastry Chef Online
- Simple Pita Bread by A Baker’s House
- Spelt Biskers by What Smells So Good?
- Tigelle – Italian Flat Bread by Cooking Club
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread by G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- Za’atar & Cheese Manakish – Levantine Flatbread by Ruchik Randhap
- Za’atar Spiced Khobez by Cook’s Hideout