Creamy and delicious Everything Bagel Onion dip — great recipe to make ahead of time for parties. Serve with veggies, chips or pretzels.
For the final day of this week’s blogging marathon, I have a creamy Everything bagel onion dip. After posting two sort-of healthy dips, green goddess dip and Indian style veggie dip, I have an indulgent one today. This is a great recipe to have in your repertoire because is tastes crazy good, but it’s very easy to make.The recipe for onion dip is from Alton Brown – it is a fool proof one made from scratch. All the flavor in here comes from slow caramelized onions. Mayonnaise and sour cream add nice creaminess and tang to the dip. My personal addition is the everything bagel seasoning from Trader Joe’s. It has sesame seeds, granulated onion, garlic, sea salt.If you can’t get hold of the seasoning, then simply use ¼tsp each of black & white sesame seeds, dried minced onion, garlic powder and poppy seeds. I love the Trader Joe’s seasoning blend, it is very convenient to have on hand. Sprinkle it over avocado toast, dinner rolls, salads, bagels of course.This everything bagel onion dip is great to make ahead of time. Actually it is recommended that you make this at least 1 hour to up to a day in advance. The extra chilling time gives all the ingredients time to mingle. Serve this with potato chips, pretzels, but I found carrots, peppers and celery are best. Do try this addictive dip for the holidays and Enjoy!!
Lets check out what my fellow marathoners have cooked today for BM# 94.
Everything Bagel Onion Dip
- 3 Medium Onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Mayonnaise (I used Vegan mayo)
- 1 cup Sour Cream (I used vegan sour cream)
- 2 tbsp Everything Bagel Seed topping (sesame, poppy seeds etc)
- To taste Salt Pepper
- Heat oil in a nonstick pan, add the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook on medium flame, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly browned and caramelized, about 20 minutes. Turn off the heat and let the onions cool slightly.
- In the meantime combine mayonnaise and sour cream in a mixing bowl. Add the cooled onions, everything bagel topping, salt and pepper. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 1 hour for the flavors to meld.
- Serve with chips, veggies, pretzels and Enjoy!!