I recently borrowed ‘My Indian Kitchen’, by Hari Nayak from the library. This is one of the beautiful Indian cookbooks I’ve ever seen. All the food photos are so colorful and well captured that it makes me want to cook each and every recipe in the book. I’ve to return it soon, so I’m trying to cook as many dishes as I can.
This avocado raita caught my attention because it sounds so different and tasty. Creamy avocado with yogurt and some spices, that’s it–that’s all there is to this simple Raita, but it tastes amazing. Author suggests serving it with Kebabs and Rotis, but I’ve eaten it with rice and just as is — it tastes great any way.
- 1 Avocado - large, pitted and diced
- 1¼ cups yogurt Plain - whisked until smooth
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 tsp Cumin Ground
- ½ tsp Black Pepper Ground
- to taste Salt
- 2 tbsps Cilantro - finely chopped
- Place the yogurt in a mixing bowl. Add diced avocado, lime juice, salt and half of the ground cumin and pepper. Add the chopped cilantro and mix well.
- Serve cold sprinkled with the remaining ground cumin and pepper.