Mini Vegetable Uthappam are savory Indian pancaked that are packed with veggies and are kid friendly.
Today's mini dish for Kid's Delight is this cute little version of our very own dosa/ uthappam. These Mini Vegetable Uthappam are very cute and kid's will love them. They can be served just as is or stuck on a toothpick for even adorable presentation. Serve with your favorite chutney.My son enjoys Indian breakfast items like idli, dosa, ponganalu etc. But my picky daughter refuses to eat them. It is a constant struggle to get her to eat anything. But luckily she thought of these mini vegetable uthappam as pancakes and tried them without complaining. May be I will make her mini pancakes some time soon.
Idea to make these mini uthappam came from this mini dosa video. I knew that my son would love these cute looking mini dosa. But I wanted to sneak in some vegetable goodness, so I added finely chopped cabbage, carrot and green pepper. Add your favorite veggie or skip them altogether. Serve with your favorite chutney and enjoy!!
Mini Vegetable Uthappam
- 2 cups dosa batter
- 1 cup Finely chopped Cabbage, Carrot, green beans etc.
- 2~3 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- 1" Ginger piece, finely grated
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp Cilantro, finely chopped
- To taste salt
- As needed Oil, for cooking
- Add vegetables, green chilies, grated ginger, cumin seeds, cilantro and salt to Dosa batter. Mix well.
- Heat a griddle/ tawa on medium-high heat. Add 1tbsp of batter to make mini uthappam. Drizzle a few drops of oil on the uthappam. Cook till lightly golden, gently flip and cook until golden on the other side.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve as is or use a toothpick to serve with chutney of your choice.